Monday, January 30, 2012

Boy Meets Florence

I went to Florence this weekend with a few of the people in my program and it was awesome!  There's a lot of cool stuff to see.  We went to a huge cathedral in the city called the Duomo and paid to go to the top.  After 463 steps (according to a recent Google search), we finally reached the top.  It was well worth the climb, though.  After that, we checked out the David statue.  Much the like the Sistine Chapel, you can't take pictures of the David, but once again I managed to get a few.  The bridges there are nothing short of amazing either.  Couples also place locks on the entrances to the bridge with their names.  I heard it's to keep their love safe, which is possibly one of the coolest things I seen on this trip so far.  Here's a few pictures.