Monday, January 23, 2012

A Realization

If the point of any journey is to discover something new that you wouldn't otherwise experience, I think there is another point of equal importance that comes before that. Before a person can truly grasp the significance of any journey, he or she must first comes to terms with everything that must be left behind, and begin to garner a new appreciation for everything that the journey distances him or her from. I can honestly say that I have never appreciated my family and friends more than I do now. I look back at the final moments I shared with them before beginning this journey, and I wish they were longer. A week away from them has taught me never to take them for granted, and to express my love and appreciation for them at every opportunity. I know now not to waste my moments with them being angry or selfish, taking advantage of them, or hurting them with my words or actions. God has granted me some of the finest people He placed on this earth to guide me, help me in times of need, and simply be there to accompany me in life. My family and friends are my everything. And now I can see that clearly. Thank you all for every moment. I hope we can share millions more.