Saturday, February 11, 2012

To a Girl I Left Behind

You're beautiful
But that you already knew
It's what everybody doesn't see
That eats away at you

You're not afraid to be yourself
But you're afraid of the cost
You don't want to feel abandoned
Alone and lost

You think people can't look
At more than the exterior
That your looks are all that separate
You from the inferior

But from the view I have
You're so much more
I can see past the surface
See into your core

You think love can't last
So you never gave it a shot
You went in with the negative
And that's exactly what you got

I wish I could give you what you're missing
But you still can't accept
You'd rather live with distance
With the pain, the regret

I hope I can change
Your mind someday
And you can start up new
On true love's way

But until then
There's nothing more to do
But sit
And hold my heart for you