Monday, December 26, 2011

Welcome

Welcome to my Blogspot. This is where I'll be recording all my travels for the next few months. I still have a few weeks left at home before I go, but I thought I'd start this blog with some pre-departure news and events. Right now my feeling toward the trip is best described as eager hesitation. I'm eager to begin all of the adventures that inevitably come with traveling to a foreign land for any amount of time, especially a place as beautiful and historic as Rome. But along with that comes a sense of hesitation. Hesitation about leaving the comfort of the familiar and beginning something new. I don't think change is ever easy for anyone, but reassurance is found in new journeys and experiences. They tend to shape who we are. Define us on some level. My hope is by the end of the trip, my journeys and experiences will bring me one step closer to becoming the man I want to be. And so the journey begins, and I'll be sharing each part of it with you all right here. Stay tuned.