Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Boys Meets Milan

I went on another trip this weekend to Milan.  It was fantastic.  The city is a lot more modern than Rome or Florence, so I almost felt like I was back in Chicago.  I shared a flight there and back, along with a two hour delay, with a girl named Emily.  She goes to UIUC, too and has been studying abroad in Rome since the fall.  She is definitely bolder than me to be spending nine months away from home.  She had a beautiful way about her and I hope I get to spend more time with her while I'm here and back at U of I next year.  While I was in Milan, I visited the Duomo, but I couldn't go to the top because of the ice.  The inside was beautiful, though.  Much more elegant than anything I've seen back home.  I also went to the Armani store, which is more of a mini mall dedicated to everything Armani, including a bookstore and a cafe.  I also had some Milano cookies while I was there, which tasted almost exactly the same as the ones in the States.  Pepperidge Farm has obviously mastered italian desserts.  Some of the pictures from my trip are below.