Friday, February 17, 2012

Rough Drafts from the Train - Passion for the People

John's waiting on the world to change
And Drake's got passion for the game

The Peas want to know where all the love has gone
And Taylor's still putting all her exes in songs

Now Common writes songs as sweet as the psalms
And Clapton's vibes can make right from wrong

Adele's got passion that won't go unheard
And Weezy's still tweaking from all the crowds he's stirred

But all I want is to share with you
All the passion and pain my heart's been through

To give my words life and have them crash into you
The same way some of Dave Matthews' do

Now I may never have the flow of Lupe or the voice of Mars
And I don't have Patrol's love of chasing cars

But each rhyme I send your way
Is just my little way to say

Thank you for everything you do
This life wouldn't be as great without you