Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Boy Meets Paris

The second leg of my journey brought me to Paris.  I can't say that Paris had as many sites I that was interested in as London did, but I managed to see a lot in my time there.  I spent one day in the Louvre, which is huge.  I saw a wide variety of different sculptures and, of course, spent some time admiring the Mona Lisa.  I also visited Moulin Rouge, which featured a giant windmill on top of the building.  The cathedral of Notre Dame also had a lot to offer.  The interior was majestic and beautiful.  However, my favorite attraction was the Eiffel Tower, which could be seen from various areas across the city during the day.  The Eiffel Tower was far larger than I had anticipated and was stunning to behold.  However, the real beauty of Paris was something that couldn't be found in any one site.  The city itself seemed to breathe loving words to its inhabitants, wrapping them in its inherent romantic atmosphere.  A bridge featured the locks of loved ones looking to protect their love and was frequently populated at night with lovers sharing an intimate meal beneath the stars and the glow of the Eiffel Tower in the distance.  Paris was without a doubt the most romantic of the cities I have visited.  Some pictures are below.